News could be any of the following…
- A follow up to an event, e.g. review, photos, news of funds raised, opening ceremonies
- Local news, good, bad or otherwise
- Changes to local services and infrastructure
- Sports results
When we are sent a news story we will add it to our website, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Send your news story to firstname.lastname@example.org, it would be appreciated if you could follow the guidelines below:-
- Put the headline in the subject, this is both the title of the news story and will be posted on Twitter
- If you want to mention an organisation, e.g. charity event benefactor, you can use the Twitter @name in the subject so they get a mention
- In the body of the email put…
- The news story itself
- If you have photograph(s) for your news story send it as an attachment to the email in high resolution jpeg format
- If you have a logo send it as an attachment to the email in high resolution jpeg format, we like logo’s square ;-). If you cannot provide an image we will use the placeholder below.
- Please avoid just sending us the news story in a Word document, PDF or PowerPoint, this means we have to try and extract text and images and may introduce errors
- If you are sending us any images or photographs please ensure you have the rights to the content and permission of anyone in the photograph. The sender assumes this liability
- We reserve the right to edit your submission for editorial and design purposes